Request for a Letter or Certificate of Good Standing With Disciplinary History
The information regarding attorney grievance and discipline history is an official record of the State Bar’s Office of Chief Disciplinary Counsel. To obtain a Letter or Certificate of Good Standing with Disciplinary History:
- Please complete Authorization and Release Form and have it notarized. Letters or Certificates of Good Standing will not be issued without Authorization and Release Form unless you are in Good Standing and have no prior disciplinary history.
- Send form and check for $25.00 (payable to the State Bar of Texas) with your request. If you do not require prior discipline history in the certificate, please state this in your request as the standard certificate does contain this information. For credit card payments please complete the Credit Card Payment Form, as well.
- Forward all information to the address listed below:
Chief Disciplinary Counsel
PO Box 12487
Austin, Texas 78711
- Indicate where you would like the certificate or letter mailed. If it is mailed to the entity requesting this information about you, indicate if you would like a copy be sent to you as well.
- If you are asked to fax the information back, please put the original form and fee in the mail to the attention of the Office of the Chief Disciplinary Counsel at the address listed above. Fax number: (512) 427-4167. If you prefer to submit this request by e-mail, the address is email@example.com.
- If you need the information returned to you by Federal Express or overnighted, you must include a return overnight slip with your request and your fed-ex account number.
- In the event that you have a very short deadline, you may
overnight your information to the State Bar of Texas at the physical
address listed below:
Office of the Chief Disciplinary Counsel
1414 Colorado St., 2nd Floor
Austin, Texas 78701
Please allow up to 5 working days for processing of your certificate or letter. If you have any questions you may contact this office at (877) 953-5535, ext. 1350.