JOB NUMBER: 14-019-1465
CLOSING DATE: November 15, 2013 - 1:00 p.m. CST
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $25,690 - $28,901 annually, plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Referral Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Lawyer Referral Information Service
Provides a variety of general administrative support services, primarily involving customer service, to the Lawyer Referral & Information Service (LRIS) Department. Involves fielding a high volume of telephone contact with the public and other individuals and organizations outside the State Bar, primarily for information purposes.
- Answers large volume of calls and inquiries from the public for referrals to lawyers and or other legal resources.
- Documents each referral call in computer database as each call is completed.
- Enters information into and retrieves information from computer applications. Ensures timely and accurate entry, update and maintenance of data.
- Address member inquiries.
- Processes internal documentation and resolves related problems.
- Processes incoming mail.
- Assists with special projects.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
High school diploma or equivalent required; some college and business coursework preferred. Requires two years of related work experience. Must have good computers skills and 40 wpm typing speed. Must be customer service-oriented and able to communicate effectively on the telephone, in person and in writing. Requires ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to speak and translate Spanish preferred.