JOB NUMBER: 15-010-1465
CLOSING DATE: August 15, 2014- 1:00 p.m. CST
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $26,204 – $29,479 annually, plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant II
DEPARTMENT: Membership - Austin
Provides a variety of general administrative support services to the Membership Department, including answering and responding to calls requesting service, information and assistance. This position involves frequent contact with other departments of the State Bar, the public, and other individuals and organizations outside the State Bar, primarily for informational purposes.
1. Answers a high volume of phone calls requesting service, information and assistance; routes calls to the appropriate person: provides general information to the public and external organization.
2. Performs as front desk receptionist, greeting members or walk-ins.
3. Sorts and distributes incoming mail;prepares internal and outgoing mail and packages; maintains necessary records of express, certified mail and packages.
4. Assists in attorney compliance, non-compliance, suspension and reinstatement process.
5. Assists with processing of incoming correspondence and payments.
6. Assists with address changes and return mail processing.
7. Assists with the collection of membership fees and non-processables.
8. Assists newly licensed attorneys in admission process.
9. Assists with filing, photocopying, and faxing.
10. Assists with special projects and performs other responsibilities as required.
Requires high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two years of related work experience. Some college courses preferred. Requires ability to communicate effectively and congenially on the telephone, in person and in written form with Bar members, co-workers and the general public. Must enjoy responding to a high volume of telephone calls of a repetitive nature. Computer knowledge required, preferably Word and Excel. Must be willing and able to work harmoniously with other employees in performing assigned tasks as it relates to team effectiveness. Must coordinate with work group to assure phone lines are covered at all times. Must have excellent customer service skills or call center experience.