CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience, plus excellent
POSITION TITLE: Development Director
DEPARTMENT: Texas Bar Foundation
Reports directly to the Executive Director. Responsibilities to include
cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual and corporate
sponsorship support for the Texas Bar Foundation. Performs the duties
of planning, organizing, directing and coordinating special development
- Works closely with the annual fund chair and seventeen area
chairs and co-chairs to solicit and secure funds and acquire new
donors. Responsible for development of training and recruiting
- Trains, manages, and stewards volunteer solicitors. Assists in
- Manages achievement award program: supports the selection
committees, conducts oral history interviews, produces plaques and
mementos, and writes the printed program and presentation scripts.
- Performs duties of planning, organizing and implementing a
planned giving program. Responsible for fundraising events and the
- Maintains accurate and detailed data regarding solicitation
activities and creates tracking reports.
- Represents Bar Foundation in communications and provides a high
level of customer service.
- Adheres to the budget and manages details for development-related
events and programs.
- Responsible for board meeting minutes and assists with quarterly
board dinners and meetings.
- Responsible for updating donor information in Raisers Edge,
produces and distributes memorial certificates, Life Fellow plaques,
new Fellow certificates, and press releases. Directs and monitors
vendors and mass mailings.
- Responsible for communication including quarterly newsletter
correspondence, website content, annual report write ups, execution of
e-blasts and social media.
- Uses data strategically to produce accurate documents and
reports. Requires proficiency in merge documents, database queries, and
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial and strategic attitude
toward fundraising. Bachelor’s degree plus five years
professional experience required, preferably in fundraising or
membership development with a non-profit organization. Supervisory
experience preferred. Excellent interpersonal, written communication
and presentation skills. A demonstrated ability to take initiative and
to work both independently and with a team. Prefer experience and
demonstrated success with annual fund, major donor programs, and/or
activities to aid in the solicitation of individuals and
corporations. Active member of the Association of Fundraising
Professionals (AFP) and/or professional associations preferred.
Knowledge of MS Word and Excel required. Knowledge of Raisers Edge and
MicroEdge Gifts preferred. The position requires vigilant attention to
detail, and a high level of professionalism and discretion. Some travel
HOW TO APPLY:
To receive an application and complete job description visit www.texasbar.com/jobs.
The State Bar of Texas employment application must be received in the
Human Resources office of the State Bar of Texas located at:
1414 Colorado Suite 310
Austin, TX 78701
All applications must be received in Austin by 1:00 p.m.
Central Time on the closing date regardless of the postmark
date. Applications may be faxed to 512-427-4103 or emailed to email@example.com.