For Lawyers

Request Reinstatement Following a Suspension

There are two instances in which a member needs to request reinstatement following a suspension; administrative and disciplinary.

In both cases, you must first contact the appropriate State Bar of Texas personnel below to help determine if you are current with your State Bar of Texas dues, taxes, fees, MCLE compliance, and any other issues that must be resolved before requesting reinstatement.

Administrative reinstatement contact:

Laury Campbell
phone: (800) 204-2222, ext. 1842

Disciplinary reinstatement contact:

Lydia Garcia
phone: (877) 953-5535, ext. 109
fax: (512) 453-6667


After you have contacted the appropriate State Bar of Texas personnel above and have met your reinstatement requirements, you must do the following:

  1. Submit a written request for reinstatement following a suspension.
  2. Include a check or money order for the amount determined when you called the State Bar of Texas, or a credit card authorization form to charge on Visa or MasterCard.
  3. You must also update your MCLE status with us.
  4. You must also update your attorney profile status.
  5. Attach all your documents and mail to:


    State Bar of Texas
    Membership Department
    P.O. Box 12487
    Austin, Texas 78711-2487

Please allow 5 to 10 business days for us to process your request and to receive your confirmation letter and new bar card.

{Back to top}

Article Options

Skip Advertisement


Related Information

Attorney Membership Forms

Download attorney membership forms here.

Common Lawyer Requests

Make sure your membership is up-to-date. Find answers to common membership questions here.

Find a Colleague

Search below to find a lawyer near you.

Use our advanced search.