JOB NUMBER: 14-027-1465
CLOSING DATE: January 31, 2014 - 1:00 p.m. CST
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $25,690-$28,901 annually, plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant II
DEPARTMENT: Client-Attorney Assistance Program (CAAP)
The Client-Attorney Assistance Program is a public and membership service of the State Bar. Its objective is to facilitate communication and foster dialogue in an effort to assist Texas lawyers and their clients in resolving minor concerns, disputes, or misunderstandings within the context of the Attorney-Client relationship. The Administrative Assistant provides clerical support to the Program Director and Program Associates in daily and other periodic administrative activities of the Client-Attorney Assistance Program. Involves frequent contact with other State Bar staff, the general public, State Bar membership, and other individuals and organizations outside the State Bar.
- Assists the Client-Attorney Assistance Program in various administrative activities, including preparing correspondence, forms, program reports and summaries.
- Organizes and maintains program case records, files, and documents.
- Assists staff in gathering and organizing pertinent information for program case files and for program reporting and statistical analysis.
- Maintains record of incoming and outgoing correspondence and other required logs.
- Answers phone calls requesting service, information, and assistance about Texas attorneys.
- Provides positive and solution-oriented customer service to any person contacting the State Bar.
- Performs other responsibilities as required within the Client-Attorney Assistance Program, including various division projects and activities.
High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree or a minimum of two years related work experience required. Must possess excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills. Requires knowledge of personal computers and related software (preferably MS Word, Access, and Excel). Hotline staffing skills and knowledge of the legal profession helpful. Ability to speak and translate Spanish is a plus.
Find a Lawyer
Search below to find a lawyer near you.