CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience, plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Development Director
DEPARTMENT: Texas Bar Foundation
Reports directly to the Executive Director. Responsibilities to include cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual and corporate sponsorship support for the Texas Bar Foundation. Performs the duties of planning, organizing, directing and coordinating special development efforts.
- Works closely with the annual fund chair and seventeen area chairs and co-chairs to solicit and secure funds and acquire new donors. Responsible for development of training and recruiting materials.
- Trains, manages, and stewards volunteer solicitors. Assists in acquiring volunteers.
- Manages achievement award program: supports the selection committees, conducts oral history interviews, produces plaques and mementos, and writes the printed program and presentation scripts.
- Performs duties of planning, organizing and implementing a planned giving program. Responsible for fundraising events and the annual dinner.
- Maintains accurate and detailed data regarding solicitation activities and creates tracking reports.
- Represents Bar Foundation in communications and provides a high level of customer service.
- Adheres to the budget and manages details for development-related events and programs.
- Responsible for board meeting minutes and assists with quarterly board dinners and meetings.
- Responsible for updating donor information in Raisers Edge, produces and distributes memorial certificates, Life Fellow plaques, new Fellow certificates, and press releases. Directs and monitors vendors and mass mailings.
- Responsible for communication including quarterly newsletter correspondence, website content, annual report write ups, execution of e-blasts and social media.
- Uses data strategically to produce accurate documents and reports. Requires proficiency in merge documents, database queries, and exports.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial and strategic attitude toward fundraising. Bachelor’s degree plus five years professional experience required, preferably in fundraising or membership development with a non-profit organization. Supervisory experience preferred. Excellent interpersonal, written communication and presentation skills. A demonstrated ability to take initiative and to work both independently and with a team. Prefer experience and demonstrated success with annual fund, major donor programs, and/or activities to aid in the solicitation of individuals and corporations. Active member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and/or professional associations preferred. Knowledge of MS Word and Excel required. Knowledge of Raisers Edge and MicroEdge Gifts preferred. The position requires vigilant attention to detail, and a high level of professionalism and discretion. Some travel required.
HOW TO APPLY:
To receive an application and complete job description visit www.texasbar.com/jobs.
The State Bar of Texas employment application must be received in the Human Resources office of the State Bar of Texas located at:
1414 Colorado Suite 310
Austin, TX 78701
All applications must be received in Austin by 1:00 p.m. Central Time on the closing date regardless of the postmark date. Applications may be faxed to 512-427-4103 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find a Lawyer
Search below to find a lawyer near you.