JOB NUMBER: 14-027-1465
CLOSING DATE: January 31, 2014 - 1:00 p.m. CST
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $25,690-$28,901 annually,
plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant II
DEPARTMENT: Client-Attorney Assistance Program (CAAP)
The Client-Attorney Assistance Program is a public and membership
service of the State Bar. Its objective is to facilitate communication
and foster dialogue in an effort to assist Texas lawyers and their
clients in resolving minor concerns, disputes, or misunderstandings
within the context of the Attorney-Client relationship. The
Administrative Assistant provides clerical support to the Program
Director and Program Associates in daily and other periodic
administrative activities of the Client-Attorney Assistance Program.
Involves frequent contact with other State Bar staff, the general
public, State Bar membership, and other individuals and organizations
outside the State Bar.
- Assists the Client-Attorney Assistance Program in various
administrative activities, including preparing correspondence, forms,
program reports and summaries.
- Organizes and maintains program case records, files, and
- Assists staff in gathering and organizing pertinent information
for program case files and for program reporting and statistical
- Maintains record of incoming and outgoing correspondence and
other required logs.
- Answers phone calls requesting service, information, and
assistance about Texas attorneys.
- Provides positive and solution-oriented customer service to any
person contacting the State Bar.
- Performs other responsibilities as required within the
Client-Attorney Assistance Program, including various division projects
High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree or a
minimum of two years related work experience required. Must possess
excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills.
Requires knowledge of personal computers and related software
(preferably MS Word, Access, and Excel). Hotline staffing skills and
knowledge of the legal profession helpful. Ability to speak and
translate Spanish is a plus.