JOB NUMBER: 14-019-1465
CLOSING DATE: November 15, 2013 - 1:00 p.m. CST
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $25,690 - $28,901 annually,
plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Referral Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Lawyer Referral Information
Provides a variety of general administrative support services,
primarily involving customer service, to the Lawyer Referral &
Information Service (LRIS) Department. Involves fielding a high
volume of telephone contact with the public and other individuals and
organizations outside the State Bar, primarily for information
- Answers large volume of calls and inquiries from the public for
referrals to lawyers and or other legal resources.
- Documents each referral call in computer database as each call is
- Enters information into and retrieves information from computer
applications. Ensures timely and accurate entry, update and
maintenance of data.
- Address member inquiries.
- Processes internal documentation and resolves related
- Processes incoming mail.
- Assists with special projects.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
High school diploma or equivalent required; some college and business
coursework preferred. Requires two years of related work experience.
Must have good computers skills and 40 wpm typing speed. Must be
customer service-oriented and able to communicate effectively on the
telephone, in person and in writing. Requires ability to maintain
confidentiality. Ability to speak and translate Spanish preferred.